My Shopping List
Balsamic-Marinated Beef Steak & Asparagus
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Serve With:Servings: 4
Seasoned red creamer potatoes and sliced Italian bread.
Prep Time: 5 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
Marinate: 2 Hr.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 4 beef round (sirloin) tip side steaks, cut 1-in. thick (about 8 oz. each)
+ 1 lb. fresh asparagus
+ 1/2 tsp salt
+ 1/8 tsp pepper
+ 2/3 c. prepared balsamic vinaigrette
+ 2 Tbsp. Dijon-style mustard
What to do:
1. Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Remove and reserve 2 Tbsp. Place beef steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 min. to 2 hrs.
2. Place asparagus in shallow microwave-safe dish; add 1/2 c. water. Cover and microwave on HIGH 3 to 6 min. or until crisp-tender. Drain asparagus. Add reserved 2 Tbsp. marinade to asparagus; turn to coat. Set aside.
3. Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered 12 to 14 min. for medium rare doneness, turning once. (Do not overcook.)
4. During last 3 min. of grilling, arrange asparagus on grill around steaks; grill 2 to 3 min., turning once. Season steaks and asparagus with salt and pepper.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, Merlot