My Shopping List
Red, White and Blueberry Pound Cake
Courtesy of US Highbush Blueberry Council
Serve With:Servings: 6
An elegant, but easy to assemble holiday dessert.
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: n/a
Marinate: 15 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 pkg. (10 3/4 oz.) frozen pound cake
+ 8 oz. whipped cream cheese
+ 3 Tbsp. confectioners' sugar
+ 2 Tbsp. orange juice
+ 1 1/2 c. fresh blueberries
+ 1 c. strawberries, sliced
+ 3/4 c. seedless raspberry jam
+ 6 Tbsp. orange juice
What to do:
1. In a small bowl, mix together raspberry jam and 6 Tbsp. orange juice until smooth. Set aside.
2. Slice frozen pound cake lengthwise in three layers; arrange in a single layer on a cookie sheet with top layer cut-side up. Pierce layers with fork tines. Spread each with 2 Tbsp. Raspberry-Orange Sauce; let stand 10 to 15 min. so that the cake absorbs the sauce.
3. Meanwhile, in a bowl stir together cream cheese, sugar and orange juice until well blended.
4. To assemble cake: Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread evenly with a third of the cream cheese mixture. Arrange a third of the blueberries evenly over cream cheese. Drizzle about 1 Tbsp. Raspberry-Orange Sauce over blueberries. Repeat with center slice of cake. Place top layer cut-side down; spread with remaining cream cheese mixture.
5. Decorate cake to resemble an American flag using remaining blueberries and the strawberries. Serve with remaining Raspberry-Orange Sauce.
6. Refrigerate any leftovers.